Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lucian Raines Higgins- Birth Story

On September 15, Darren and I decided to go for a walk at 7:15AM on that Saturday because we just couldn't sleep anymore.  We got all ready with our jackets on (yes, jackets because it was 60 something degrees!) and started walking out the door.  I opened the door to walk out and my water broke!  I was scared, excited, and nervous all at the same time!  I was so excited it was time for little man to come though!
Of course, I went and took a shower so I would look half way decent for pictures after he was born haha!  My contractions hadn't started yet so we decided that we would get the bags together and clean up a little.  Then, my contractions started and Darren wasn't ready yet and I was about to flip out haha!  He cooked biscuits so I would have something in my belly before we got to the hospital, even though they didn't last long :/
So, we headed to the hospital!

Upon arriving at the hospital we were put in a triage room to make sure that my water had indeed broke.  The doctor told us it was our lucky day and that we were going to have a baby today!  I was so excited, but then nervous of the upcoming events of the day!  The doctor then checked me and I was 2 cm dilated 80% thinned out! (Thursday 9/13 I was 1 cm dilated 70% thinned).  Something that I didn't know at the time was when the doctor checked me he scraped poor Lucian's head....it is still healing! :(
We were then moved to a labor and delivery room.  I started hurting pretty bad at the point so the nurse checked me once I was hooked up to everything.  I was at 3cm!  I was moving decently quick....but couldn't get an epidural until I was 4 cm.  So, I opted for some morphine until I made a little more progress.....leading to me getting sick blah!
I then made it to where I could get an epidural!  I felt so much better after I got it! The nurse checks me about 20 min later and I was at a 7! Getting there fast!
At about 2:45pm I was fully complete and ready to push!  I had so much pressure it was so hard to wait for the dr bc it just made me want to push!  We made until about 3:30pm then I got to start pushing!
I was so scared at this point that he wouldn't come out and I would have to have a c section or that something would happen to me or the baby.  I pushed for about 20 minutes then he arrived!  healthy and crying :)


Lucian Raines Higgins
7 lbs 6oz. 19 in
September 15, 2012
3:58pm



We are so in love!!  We can't stop smiling at this sweet boy!!  Here are some more pics of him :)






Love, R

No comments:

Post a Comment